Your Break-out Opportunity
We’ve experienced double digit year-over-year growth. This accelerated growth has created the opportunity for a hungry self-starter to join our expanding team.
As the Purchasing Coordinator you will be a key member of the Operations team responsible for product purchasing & ensuring accuracy of our internal inventory systems.
Your mission, if you choose to accept it...
- You will be the primary owner of purchasing goods to support our distribution & manufacturing business.
- Create P.O.s for multiple suppliers daily on behalf of the sales force & direct-to-consumer ecommerce orders. Manage backorders & ensure timely delivery.
- Create new SKUs and ensure alignment across systems (websites, internal systems).
- Ensure pricing accuracy in internal systems & websites based on negotiated costs with suppliers.
- Process inventory receiving and cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Prior purchasing experience a must. Purchasing industrial equipment/raw materials a plus.
- Strong analytical and excel experience preferred.
- Detail Oriented: acute sense of detail and uber organized. You’re a part of the Operations team. Numbers, spreadsheets, and organizational skills must be a core competency to be successful in this role.
- A hunger for professional growth. This isn’t a position for someone who is looking for a job that they can hit the cruise control and coast each day. You must be hungry to attack & crush purchasing & procurement challenges to drive improved profitability for the company.
- Exceptional computer literacy. As a digital first company, it’s imperative you can quickly learn new software solutions to enable our continued disruption of the industry “dinosaurs”.
- Up-beat energy that elevates the team members around you. You’ll interface with suppliers, sales staff, customers, customer service, product, and warehouse team members.
- Open to feedback on performance. We manage our business using score cards & metrics. We commit to nurturing & training for the improvement opportunities. We ask our team members to be open to the transparency of performance & willingness to adjust course as needed. (Not everyone is comfortable with this approach, but it is essential for us to continue as an agile company taking on the industry Goliaths).
- 2-5 years purchasing/ procurement experience or 1 year experience plus degree in supply chain management (or similar).
- Experience purchasing for a company with a large product portfolio & selling as a wholesaler & manufacturer preferred.
About Heigl Adhesives
Heigl Adhesives manufactures & sells adhesives, and adhesive dispensing equipment, to b2b clients and direct-to-consumer through 3 ecommerce platforms and a sales team.
We are disrupting the billion dollar adhesive industry by delivering engineered solutions to customers through an omni-channel sales/service process. We leverage digital advertising, websites, and eCommerce in a way the archaic behemoths of the industry cannot. This has led to exceptional year-over-year growth.
- We are big enough to offer the “corporate" company perks (medical, dental, 401k) without the stuffy red-tape culture.
- Your voice is heard & we value game changing ideas (big & small) from employees & all levels.
- When you need to recharge from the exciting challenge of taking on the industry Goliaths, you can work on your “short game” on our indoor putting green or play in our adhesive testing lab.
- Our mascot is a lounging office dog Rosie (she’s a Bernese Mountain Dog)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $23.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- What would you bring to this position making you uniquely qualified compared to other applicants?
- Write a 2-3 sentence jazzy intro.
- Associate (Preferred)
- Purchasing: 1 year (Required)
- One location